Tips for Ministry Excellence: Communication
But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. - Hebrews 8:6, NKJV
Recently, I’ve been meditating on excellence. What exactly is it? How does one obtain and sustain it?
During a leadership meeting at my church it was stated that the Spirit of Excellence causes the believer to aspire to the highest level of achievement in every area of their life.
Here are some practical tips we can implement to foster a spirit of Excellence in our movement ministries.
Part 1: Excellence in Communication: All communication mediums need to be clear and professional. In this information age, the first impression is often a website or voice mail recording.
Your Internet Presence:
- Keep your website up to date by removing past events
- Check for dead links and images
- Watch out for misspelled words
- Your Social Networking page (Myspace, Facebook, Twitter etc) should match the message of your ministry
- Voicemail recordings should be clear & free of background noise. IF you must use ring back music….let’s keep it Holy saints! People calling you for ministry may be turned off by some secular selections.
- Answer the phone in a professional, courteous manner. Eliminate as much background noise as possible.
- When communicating by E-mail, provide a relevant subject.
- Use the same professional courtesies you would in a business letter, especially if it is the first time contacting someone.
- If you are contacting a group, use the blind copy (BCC) feature as some people do not want their e-mail addresses shared
It is important to note that excellence does not mean perfection. It is also a common misconception that excellence requires a large budget. Excellence is more about your attitude that your pocketbook! Attention to detail is the beginning of excellence in communication.
Stay tuned for part 2, an excellent appearance.
I’d love to hear from you! What else can we do to strive for excellence? Leave your comments below!
Posted by Lakita Fane
Join our FREE newsletter to receive monthly emails with additional articles, upcoming events, promotions, discounts and resources.